Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Arthur Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:17:46 -0500
jethrobodine wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have recently had some trouble with the copernic98
> application, and one suggestion I got from tech support was
> to enter a URL in the --Start--Run--  box. The idea was that
> if I couldn't connect to a web page this way, that I should
> reinstall Netscape.
>
> When I enter a URL in the RUN box, I get an error message
> saying that the file could not be found. I tried entering
> the URL when connected to the internet, when not connected,
> and when Netscape was running and not running. I tried
> pasting the URL directly into the box, with http:, without
> http:, using www, leaving www out, ect.
>
> I also tried entering a URL that ends in a filename, not
> just a directory, so that I could have an html extension on
> it, hoping that it would be associated with Netscape. Htm
> and html files are both associated with Netscape in the
> "file types" box.
>
> Does anyone know what might be the problem, or what settings
> I could look at?
>
> I also tried doing this on a "clean"  hard drive that I had
> just set up, with the same results. I had Netscape 4.04 on
> one drive and Netscape 4.05 on the "clean" hard drive.
>
> In both cases, I am using win95a--that is, with service pack
> 1 as well as a few other updates and patches.
>
> I do remember reading that you should be able to connect to
> the internet by entering a URL in the RUN box, but I can't
> get it to work.
>
> Thanks.
> Brad Britton
>
>                                   -----
>          Bob Wright:[log in to unmask] - Drew Dunn:[log in to unmask]

Hi-
I had the same problem with Copernic and it was never resolved. I
worked to follow every suggestion they made with no result. I, too,
have Windows95a so perhaps that is the problem. Only Copernic knows
how prevalent it is and if it worth a workaround from them. I cannot
be of help, only consolation.
Arthur Barnett