Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:53:55 -0600
Richard are you using OE 4 or OE 5???  In OE 4 if I remember correctly you need
to go to the Deleted Folder, select all and then delete everything in there.
The same with your sent folder.  When I was using OE 4 the last thing before I
shut it down for the night was empty those two folders, the sent folder first,
and then I'd go to File/Folder/Compact All Folders.  Periodically I would go to
the folders in Windows Explorer.  I don't remember the path but now it's
Windows/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook Express  and I would delete the two
folders for Deleted Items, Sent Items, and Outbox.  OE rebuilds these files the
next time you open them.  If I didn't do these things OE would crash on my 4 or
5 times a day.

With OE 5 in Tools/Options/Maintenance you can set it to compact in the
background.  You still need to clean out the Sent and Deleted folders and I've
found when OE crashes on me if I delete the Cleanup.log in Windows
Explorer-using the same path as above- that usually fixes the crashes.  I
receive a lot of graphics and when I have cleaned out that folder I go to
File/Folder/Compact, and compact the folder.  Hope this helps, if you have OE 5
and set it up to compact in the background be prepared for your computer to
start cranking away and you wonder what on earth is going on and then you
realize it's compacting messages in OE, it really startled me the first time!!

Linda Aldridge

From: Richard Morse

I have Windows 98, Outlook Express (OE) e-mail service.   Every once in awhile,
a notice comes on the screen that says  my OE is full, and  it recommends I
compress the information.  It is all deleted email, so I am wondering what does
this mean, and where is this deleted email being kept.  When I do go ahead, and
compress it, it shows letters being folded.  My question is, where is this being
held, that is being compressed, and how do I get it out of the system once and
for all.  Thanks for your help.

Richard

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>