Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gregg Pfaff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2013 10:01:23 -0500
Below is a description of a program hackers use to get into WIFI
routers. I took out it's name and replaced with ###### but, most of you
probably know what I'm talking about. I'm told there is no way to change
the manufacturers 4 digit PIN code which is in every router and allows
administrative access to our WIFI. I'd think the only way to protect
ourselves is to change our pass phrase every day?? or does anyone know
how to change this manufacturer default 4 digit PIN?//I have a LINKSYS
by CISCO wifi router.

/("###### implements a brute force attack against Wifi Protected Setup
(WPS) registrar PINs in order to recover WPA/WPA2 pass phrases.//
/

/###### has been designed to be a robust and practical attack against
WPS, and has been tested against a wide variety of access points and WPS
implementations. /

/On average ###### will recover the target AP's plain text WPA/WPA2 pass
phrase in 4-10 hours, depending on the AP. In practice, it will
generally //take half this time to guess the correct WPS pin and recover
the pass phrase.")
/

/Gregg
/

On 5/17/2013 9:34 AM, Derek Buchanan wrote:
> Robert,
>     You don't specifically mention this, but have you chosen the security
> parameters to setup like WPA/WPA2 and the MAC address filtering?  The MAC
> filtering is a list of MAC address (network cards) that are allowed to use
> the connection.
>
> Derek
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Robert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I have for a long time had suspicions that somebody is logging in to my
>> home
>> Wifi network and using my download allowance. I have used all the
>> appropriate settings in the router and use Truecrypt to avoid anybody
>> accessing my private information, banking details, passwords etc.  I am
>> looking for any software which could tell me if outsiders have found a way
>> to use my internet connection. I have a D-link router with 2 wireless PC
>> connections and one usb connection.  Any suggestions ??
>>

>> Bob Weaver
>>

>>                    Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
>>                 articles, how-to's, tech tips and much more
>>                            http://freepctech.com
>>
>                The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                           support at our website:
>                            http://freepctech.com

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads