Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:47:09 -0400
On 8/18/1998 mark simmons wrote:

>Jim Meagher wrote:
>>
>> Mark's question is very confusing and extremely vague but it sounds as
if he
>> is talking about an option on the print dialog for some un-named
program(s).
>> The options that are available in a dialog box within a program are
>> controlled by the program itself.
>
>i don't believe this is 'extremely vague' considering all the programs
>i've printed from have the 'selection' radio button in the print dialog
>box, yet it is hardly ever selectable, even when you highlight a
>selection.  i don't understand why Print Selection would even be an
>option if you can never use it.  my question, then, is how can you use
>it, regardless of whether you're using MS word 98 or wordpad or even
>netscape???

Mark:

Your question is understandable. The "Selection" is in the
"Print" or "Print Range" box of the *mostly* standard "Print"
Window. In many programs it is greyed out. So although
Windows apparently offers the option, the actual program
must support that feature.

I use Corel WP8 and the Print Selection exists there.
Unfortunately, WP prints the selection in the context of the
actual document. For example, if there's a page break, then
the Selection is printed on two pages, even if it's only a short
sentence. WP is actually printing the Range of the selection,
from the beginning to the end of it.

When I want to print a passage I will copy the Selection and
paste it into a new document in a word processor (WP8 or
Notepad+), and then I print it. This means leaving a word
processor open, but it is fairly fast considering you can use
keyboard shortcuts after the selection, i.e.:

  <Ctrl><C>      to copy
  <Alt><Tab>     to switch to WP (or <Ctrl><N> for a new doc)
  <Ctrl><V>       to paste
  <Ctrl><P>       to print

Usually the formatting (fonts at least) will carry over.

HTH.

John Chin