Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:16:22 EST
Windows 2000 is much more stable that Win 95 or 98. It reminds me of O/S 2 in
that it does not seem as if any program that I run has any effect on any
other program. They seem to all run in their own seperate environment or
shell. I have yet to have any failures in which I had to reboot my system
with Windows 2000. I have also kept my system running for over two weeks
without shutting it off without any noticable resourcs leaks. Not to say that
it is the correct OS for you. Windows 2000 currently offers limited driver
support (I can't boot from my ATA 66 controller, use my web cam, scanner, or
my USR Terminal Adapter) and I have several programs that will not run on Win
2000. The problem with Win 2K program compatability is not limited to older
DOS programs or programs that that need access the computer on a direct
basis, I have a few programs that were written for Win 95/98 that will not
opereate on Win 2K.

I would not recomend Windows 2000 to your average home user for all of the
reasons listed above. Windows 2000 is not a replacement for the Windows 95/98
OS but rather upgrade to Windows NT.

Dennis Noble
www.citiesetc.com

<< I would like some feed back on Windows 2000, both pros and cons. I
 haven't really had much success with Win98 as far as stability. I have tried
 numerous suggetions both from this list and others and nothing has really
 helped. Finally just reloaded my wife's computor with Win95c and all of her
 problems dissappeared along with a drastic increase in stability.
     Since I use the internet alot more than my wife, upwards of around 20-25
 hours a week, and the fact my phone lines won't support DSL  :(  and AT&T
 has yet to offer cable service, I really like the multilink capabilities of
 Win98 and I am assuming that Win 2000 also has the same option.
     Is Win2000 more stable? I have heard through several sources that Win95
 is actually faster than Win 98. How does Win2000 compare? Cost isn't really
 a factor, just really tired of the stability problems the occasionaly
 sluggishness.
     As always any input/recomendations is highly valued and appreciated.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html