Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 01:33:09 -0500
Paul Ecclestone wrote:
> Anyone know how to remove a shortcut to open a program.  I want to use F10
> to open Explorer.  Used to have the capability.  Somehow lost it.  Now when
> I try to create it - it won't let me.  The old F10 shortcut (to open
> Explorer) is still in the computer somewhere but doesn't function.

Paul,
c:\windows\tips.txt explains a little about default shortcuts, (in
win95 and maybe in later versions). There it says that F10 is for "goes to
menu mode". That's the default for F10, and probably why it no longer works
to open explorer.

To create a keyboard shortcut, make an icon shortcut to the desired program,
right-click the icon and select the "shortcut" tab, there you'll see
a "Shortcut key" area... fill in the desired key or key combination.

Also if your keyboard has a Win key; winkey + e opens Explorer.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to remove a shortcut key, (unless you
find the shortcut icon for the program and delete that info from it).
I'd suggest finding an unused hot key for your explorer hot key... perhaps
shift + a number on the seldom-used number pad.

HTH
Larry Hooper

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html