Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:57:50 -0400
Linda:
I know that a lot of the Compaq's at work don't have reset buttons --
probably a cost reduction measure. Although I've never paid much
attention, I expect that most "value" computers are similarly lacking.
There are times when shutting the power off is the only solution. I
would suggest, however, that it would be better to use the power switch
-- pulling the plug on a powered device is not considered good practice.
-- Regards,
-- Carroll Grigsby

"Rejoice !" wrote:

> I have a friend that has a new HP computer.  800MGH, 30 GB Hard drive, 128MB
> RAM, she just purchased it last weekend.  It's running Windows ME.  I was
> helping her this morning with Paint Shop Pro and the computer froze.
> CTRL-ALT-Delete wouldn't work, nothing responded I tried everything and then
> when I went to reset it there was no reset button on the Hard drive.  I
> looked everywhere, searched the keyboard, nothing.  She said the same thing
> happened to her earlier and she had to unplug the computer and plug it back
> in and it rebooted.
>
> Have any of you ever heard of this on a brand new computer????  I also had
> to unplug it and plug it back in and it was just like using a reset button.
> There is no way to even turn the computer off from the HD.  Do I tell her to
> just keep on unplugging it when it freezes???
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> God's Blessings
> Linda Aldridge

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: