Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:29:29 -0500
Hi Dottie,

You're right,it is an attractive offer.
One that is now offered routinely by ISPs.
It's an incentive to stay with the ISP (or could be).
It's also a certain amount of self-interest.
If too many of their customers unwittingly spread spam,viruses and
other malware,because they have no- or inadequate- protection,
other ISPs will block their domain.
Meaning,you will have no access to other domains.
In short, your webpages won't load.

There are a few more questions to be answered:
How long before your present subscription with McAfee expires?
What is the name of the security software?
If it is Symantec-Norton you may want to reconsider.
 From my own experience and that of others, I found a more than
acceptable impact on my system - also called slowdown :)
Obviously,it's entirely up to you.I will never touch Norton again,
but ask around of people who are using the present version as offered
by several ISPs.

While it is true that uninstalling McAfee or Norton and almost all other
Internet Security suites are a real pain,that should not prevent you
from choosing the protection you want.
There are many ways to ease the removal if done properly.
More on that if required.

As too having more than 1 security program or suite running,
it is true that you should avoid that.
However.it doesn't mean that you can't have more than one installed.
One caveat - some don't allow the installation if it is detected that
you already have one running.Others won't install even if the existing
one is totally disabled.Meaning,not one single part of it can be running.

Strategies you could pursue:If you like McAfee and are close to renewal,
let them know that you are considering switching.You may get a better
offer on your renewal.
I get these offers all the time,having used both,McAfee and Norton.
Actually I never accept them.Suites are a heavy load on your system
and slow things down considerably.
Besides that,I don't use many of the services anyway,
like AntiSpam,Parental controls,Anti-phishing etc.

I prefer individual programs,but this is a personal choice.

Still,with some tweaking,you can minimize the impact of a suite.
Just disable some parts of it.

Peter.