Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:23:19 -0700
That's actually a UK layout. I work exclusively with UK customers and in
doing some remote control on their servers I discovered the backslash doing
this. The backslash key they use does not exist on US keyboards. One trick
to getting the character anyway is to hold down the Alt key and type in 92
(I'd have keeled over if it was actually 42). That's a band-aid, and not a
very good one.

You said this is happening in DOS, but are you using pure DOS or a version
of Windows? On XP you go to the Control Panel and open up "Regional and
Language Options", click the "Languages" tab, then click on the "Details"
button in the "Text services and input languages" section. In this screen
you can configure the keyboard layout.

If you are using pure DOS, then I'm betting you have a keyboard setting in
your BIOS for the country. I doubt that DOS is loading a keyboard driver,
though I could be wrong about that. It would likely be in the config.sys if
it were.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Kyle Elmblade

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Ronald Smith <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While trying to use DOS commands to clear up a problem desribed earlier, I
> found that key 29 which types the 'backslash' needed in the DOS syntax
> enters a # and I could not find another key which would enter the backslash.
> So I downloaded a program called 'Keytweak' which enables one to reassign
> characters to keys, disabled key 29, then re-enabled it with the desired
> symbol: still it typed #.
> How can I tweak it to type this necessary symbol, the backslash? (I have a
> Toshiba Tecra laptop, 1024MbRam, 40 Gb Mem, Win XP pro OS.)
>
> Thanks
>
> Ron
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCSOFT or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!