Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:08:31 -0800
On 10 Feb 98 at 8:46, Howard Papke wrote:

> I am finally going to be forced to go to win95. Presently have 3.1 with a
> 5x86-133.

  Back up everything first.  Win95 can be installed as an upgrade
over 3.x, which is convenient, or as a dual boot (install to a
different directory), in which case you need to reinstall your
applications under 95 in order for them to be available.
  The upgrade installation usually works, but not always, and it does
leave some junk around.  Many people have found this kind of
installation a bit unstable, instability that tends to go away when
WIn95 is installed stand-alone.

> I look at the win95 box and do not see any side programs (ie:works, etc.).
> Will my present old 3.1 programs still work with 95, or do I have to buy
> all new?

  Practically all Win 3.x applications, and most DOS apps, should
work just fine with Win95.  The biggest problem is that they won't
know about long file names, but that's only a dangerous problem on
disk utilities such as directory sorters and defraggers -- if you use
such utilities, you should upgrade to a Win95 version.

David G

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]