Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Heidi Schröder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:44:40 +0100
>Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:19:10 -0500
>From: "Paul M. Feldman" <[log in to unmask]
>Subject: System hangs after booting

>Anyone:
>I have a clone running Win98SE, 783 mg of ram, and 2 - 60 gb hard
>drive.

>... my system boots and within seconds of loading, i. e, Windows
>comes up. the desktop icons load, the system hangs. ...
>I checked the performance tab under 'System' in the Control Panel and
>it advises that the drives (A, C and D) are all running under DOS
>compatibilty mode. .....

>Paul M. Feldman

Hi Paul,
I am no expert on this but went through this problem ages ago on a
Win95 machine. Do not remember how I solved it after all but later
found the following entry (in this list probably) which I did save -
so try the KB
article, maybe it will be of any help for you (it is meant for Win98SE
as well as other versions of Windows):

"Here is a very good Microsoft Knowledge Base article on MS-DOS
Compatibility Mode Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/151/9/11.asp
Usually this just means your hard drive controllers are wrong or not
installed correctly.
Or you may have real mode cdrom drivers loading in autoexec.bat or
config.sys.
I would boot in safe mode and delete all the hard drive controllers
then let windows plug and play them again, this usually sorts out the
problem.
The article also tells you how to search the registry for a "noide"
entry and delete it."

hope it helps
Heidi Schroeder