Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 05:40:30 -0400
I had attempted to rename a file and noticed that when I typed the letter
"e" the  window minimized and the Desktop appeared.  A second attempt to
rename the file succeeded when I used an uppercase "E."  I also noticed when
I typed and "R" the "Run" dialogue box appeared, a "D" would take me to the
Desktop, an "F" brought up the "Find" dialogue box and the "M" also took me
to the Desktop. Finally, the upper case "E" no longer worked.  These five
keys seemed to respond as though they were "hot keys."  All of the other
keys worked properly.   I experienced the same problem in Outlook when
attempting to send an e-mail to PCSOFT.  It appeared I would have to contact
you through a different computer.   I attempted to type  a  "Word" document
but experienced  the same problem.  I decided to "shut down" and reboot and
this fixed the problem but later, I noticed the "e" doing the same thing
again.  Rather than hassle with it again, I just shut it down.  That was
yesterday.  Today, things seem to be going okay.  However, if the problem
keeps recurring, I thought I would try to get someone's opinion on what the
problem might be while my computer is still functioning.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Charlie Marsh

Charlie, it does sound like those keys are behaving like hot keys. What you
can try is go into Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Keyboard. First, make
sure there are no yellow ? or ! next to it, or anywhere for that matter.
Then click the + for the keyboard, highlight the line that opens under it
(the line that identifies your keyboard) and remove it. Shut down and
reboot. This will make Windows detect new hardware and reinstall the
software for the keyboard. If this doesn't help, try a different keyboard
and see if it does the same thing.

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions