Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:55:08 EDT
I have had AOL 9.0 on my Sony Vaio computer for about 9 months. Computer is a
1.7 GHrz Pentium IV with 256 MB of PC133 SDRAM running Windows XP Home. It
worked fiine until about 3 days ago. It started to slow my computer to a
standstill when I tried to use AOL 9.0. I uninstalled it about 7 times and tried to
reinstalled it. It installs at normal speed to a point where it says updating
database. This goes to 100% in a second. Then it says updating locations but
this says 0% and hangs there. If I leave it for 30 - 45 minutes it will try to
finish but it never works right. The last time at this point a message
eventually came up that said "AOL connectivity had a problem and needs to close. One
other time it said AOl couldn't run because a file was damaged (I believe the
file was something like imbx.dbx) so reinstall the program to fix it. I have
tried and it hangs at the same spot. I have AOL 8.0 on my computer and that
works fine using  same modem that AOL 9.0 tries to use.

I have talked to AOL tech 3 times and once I was told Defrag would fix it.
Did that, no difference. Other time was told to get a different install disk.
Did that, no difference. I restored my computer to a date last month when it was
working and reinstalled 9.0 but no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? As an added note,
if I do not try to start AOL 9.0 everything on my computer runs at normal speed
and I can run several priograns at a time. If I try to open AOL 9.0, it will
take about 3 minutes to ctrl-alt-del and get task manager to open. It will
take 2 or 3 minutes for Solitaire to open. HELP!!!

TIA
Gary South

              The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donatations
              to continue providing PCSOFT and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using Paypal