Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 16:06:51 -0800
With Win 95 you want to put your swap file on your fastest physical drive.
Which partition isn't all that important although I like to create a  <D
drive> partition of 125 megs specifically for the swap file. You should
also set the size of the swap file  to somewhere between 50 to 100 megs.
Telling Win95 where to put it and how big to make it will keep if from
constantly fragmenting all over your hard drive and Win 95 won't keep
wasting time dynamically adjusting it. On my Win95 machine I have 64 megs
of ram and a 100 meg swap file. I don't need a 100 meg swap file....I would
be fine with 50 but I have an abundance of hard drive space so why not.
Some might say that making your swap file very small will force 95 to use
ram but I have not found this to be true and making the swap file too small
can be problematic.

With NT it is a very good idea to split the swap file between two physical
disks particularly if they are on separate controllers or channels. This
will result in a very noticeable performance increase. I also tell NT to
create swap files of a certain size and not to run it dynamically. In my
own case I have 64 megs of ram on a NT workstation and have two swap files
of 44 megs apiece on two seperate channels and two separate hard drives.
However if this was used as an NT Server I would have made the swap file
something like 150 megs.

Mark