Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:47:04 -0700
This sounds like gratuitous Vista-bashing.
The IE problem is often caused by add-ons or malware.
Open IE/Tools/Manage Add-ons and make note of the load times. You may
find the culprit that way. Disable or update the offender. I'm still
surprised when I hear people are using IE, as both Firefox and Chrome
are faster and safer.
A malware scan may be of benefit as well:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Vista got a lot of bad press, but it's not all that bad.
Your computers may well be able to run Win7. so it may not be necessary
to replace them in order to upgrade. I don't see any compelling reason
to do so, and I'd wait until it was necessary.
Win7 includes Media Center.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [PCSOFT] Win & vs Vista
From: Tom Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, June 13, 2010 9:36 am
To: [log in to unmask]

Searched the archives but did not find any articles about the benifits
of Win 7 over Vista. I guess I am the one guy who never had a problem
with Vista. Having said that, I do have problems with my computer that I
am told are Vista problems. My computer seems slow at times. Web pages
load slowley or not at all. Then when I try again it loads in the blink
of an eye, as it should. I built this computer and am running Vista 64
bit SP2 with an AMD Athlon Dual Core 3.1 GHz processor and 8 GB RAM. IE
stops often. At first I started over but then I started ignoring the "IE
has stopped responding" dialog box and kept on working. To my surprise,
I am usually able to keep on working with no problems. I am also not
able to up date the computer. MS helped me solve these problems but they
came back. I am also told Vista is a memory and resource hog, causes
eratic behavior and was not well engineered.

One program I like that comes with Vista is Media Center. I use it often
as a DVR. Does Win 7 include Media Center or similar program that allows
me to record TV? If not, any recomendations on after market programs?

Bottom line is changing to Win 7 will be expensive as we have two
computers. I will continue to read the pros and cons of Win 7 to get a
better feel for Win 7. I am hoping someone here can help steer me in the
right direction, keep Vista or switch to Win 7.

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml