Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:48:08 -0600
In an attempt to solve the "missing" headers experienced by two members
(myself and John Dent) of the list, the following dialog occurred
off-list.  Let's see if this appears correctly!!!

Heard from Avast this morning (Friday), "the update is available now.  You
should check if all your accounts are checked by avast: start the Mail
Protection Wizard (menu Start->Programs->avast! Antivirus) and choose 'set
up the protection manually'. You will see which accounts have been found
and which are checked."

At 02:52 AM 1/30/2004, John Dent wrote:
>To Pat and all,
>
>(This is for all PCSoft members:)
>
>My email attachments, headers and body text were getting removed, screwed
>up, and scrambled.  In some cases nothing would go through. Other times
>the header was ok but the attachment was dumped into the body as "mime".
>
>It's possible part of my email problem was caused by Avast which I was
>comparing to AVG . But.... The main offender was an anonymizer program
>that I was trying out. Whichever caused which problems I don't know. The
>problems are gone now since I removed the anonymizer program and AVG.
>
>PS. AVG might provide better protection than Avast Anti Virus, but Avast
>runs the virus check much faster on my machine so I'll keep Avast.
>
>John Dent
>

>At 11:20 PM 1/29/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>>David (Gillett),  this is PAKO with a SOLUTION to the missing headers,
>>sender & subject!!!!
>>SOLUTION:  Subject: Are you using Avast?
>>
>>If so, a recent update (happened to me last weekend) screws up
>>"something" in the headers such that your messages arrive with no subject
>>or sender name [Avast's virus update over the weekend & Eudora's dominant
>>personality].
>>
>>Anyway the solution is relatively simple; I just applied it and IT
>>WORKED!!  Unfortunately, the exact Avast URL is at work and I'm at home;
>>reference in their "forum"---very recent "bug."  Look on Avast's site for
>>a replacement of the file, ashMaiSv.exe (189 kb), which must be replaced
>>after every virus update until Avast provides a *program* update...

[Heard from Avast this morning, "the update is available now."

>>Again, affected messages appear with no sender or subject and all the
>>header info appears in the body of the message.  Only occurred with my
>>"dominant" personality, not with three other accounts!
>>
>>David, if no solution has been posted, feel free to send this on!  Your
>>posts appear in a more timely fashion than mine!
>>
>>Thanks, Pat Osborne!

Pat Osborne

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>