Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:47:26 -0800
This is a good news and possibly bad news situation. The good news is
that Windows XP is a much better operating system than Windows ME and
upgrading is not a bad thing. Once you pass through the initial learning
curve (not that difficult) you will be happier with XP. I've never seen
or heard anyone say ME is better than XP.

Now the possible bad news:

Windows XP costs between $85 and $100. If you buy XP, spend the few
extra dollars for a full install product rather than the upgrade product.

Not all computers can be upgraded to XP without some hardware
upgrade(s). And not all computers can accept the hardware upgrades. On
their site, Microsoft has a download program which will examine your
computer to determine what, if anything, needs to be done to the
computer to run XP. If more than a memory enhancement (XP likes 512MB or
more), is needed, cheap computers, with XP installed, can be purchased
for under $300. They are not high powered and will not run (at least not
well) high end games or programs.

A fresh install of XP on a newly reformatted hard drive is the best way
to go. Same as you would get on a new computer. This means you will need
to backup any data files you may want to keep, reinstall any programs
you want continue to use, reinstall the saved data files, and
reconfigure all programs to the way you want them. None of this is
difficult, but it is time consuming.

Microsoft is close (according to them) to releasing a new operating
system as a next step beyond XP. You should consider the options of
upgrading now or of waiting for the new operating system. The new
operating system might require even further hardware upgrades.

My suggestion:

If you are happy with ME for now, return the product you purchased. If
it did not include a warning on the outside of the packaging that XP is
required, returning it should not be a problem. Investigate if the
product comes in an ME compatible version.

Tom Mayer