Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 01:41:06 -0500
Hi Jagpal,

This kind of question could cause a riot :-)
Anyway,it all depends what kind of user you are.
There are still people who use Win95 and Win98 and are happy with it.

As to Vista,yes from reports it is slower than XP,mainly because
  of a lot of "eye-candy".
As to bugs:There are still quite a few around and Vista will never be without
bugs,nor will XP for that matter.However it is not as bad as when first issued.
There are still driver problems though.

Having said that,for a desktop I would choose Vista if the price difference
is very little compared to XP - obviously for the same machine with identical
hardware.
You can always add XP (OEM) for about $100 or less.(preferably installed on a
second harddrive)See if you can make a deal on a package.
However,if you got XP and want to add or change to Vista later,it's going to cost
a lot more,simply because of the outrageous price M$ wants for Vista.
Buying it in a package gets you the discount.

Apart from that,there is a tremendous amount of software, freeware and shareware,
which is geared for XP,but may not work on Vista.

Check the specs on the machines and do a search for all the hardware components,
including motherboard,to see if the hardware on the Vista machine also has XP
drivers available.Conversely,see if the XP machine can run Vista or if Vista
drivers are available.If the machines are identical,except for OS,it would be easier.

To me that would be one of the deciding factors.

This is strictly a personal opinion and others might well have a totally
different view on this.

Good luck shopping,
Peter.