Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:00:52 -0400
Date: August 14, 2003
From: William Patton
Subject: Excel97 Problem

  Hello.  I am running Office 97. Periodically (maybe once every 2 weeks) I
select a cell and then hit control and attempt to select another cell,
however whereever I move the pointer (after releasing control), everything
becomes selected. If I move it off of the worksheet it just scrolls and
selects to "infinity".  I can do nothing.  I have hit "escape" to no avail.
I have tried to close excel, but cannot.  Once this condition happens
nothing else can be done with any menu or left or right mouse buttons.  I
have even tried to terminate the program with "contl-alt-del" and selecting
Excel, but a message comes up that I cannot close excel.  Please advise.  I
finally have to reset the computer.  I don't know what I do, I can never
replicate it, however it keeps periodically happening always when I am
selecting cells.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Are there any
keyboard shortcuts that will close excel when it is "locked up in this
state".  Thank you, William Patton

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml