Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:02:01 -0500
From: "Jeff House" :Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 10:59 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Windows 98SE Shutdown problems

> Hello PC Soft List,
>    I am so glad I joined this list . From looking at the posts the last
> couple of days , it looks very informative.  However I have a problem with
> computers running Win98SE on the network as clients , shutting down
> properly. So , to start off with , I will list the things I've tried and
if
> anyone could tell me something different I will appreciate it.
> 1)      I've tried both shutdown supplements that Microsoft had to offer.
> The second one that they released was supposed to help pc's that had
mapped
> drives which I thought would have worked great for pc's on the network.
> 2)      Installed the .vxd patch from the nospin site.
> 3)      Made sure that "diable fast shutdown " was checked in the System
> configuration utility.
> 4)      Made the BIOS no plug and play ( which is one of the things
windows
> recommended)
> 5)      Diabled the antivirus feature of scanning the floppy before
shutdown
> ,thinking this would be one less program to close before shutting down
>
> I installed WIN98SE on a machine at home , and I never have these
problems.
> I build the machines for the company that I work for , and the new pc's
> shutdown fine until I hook them up to the network. We use Netware to log
in
> , so should I go to Novell's site to see if they have any updates for this
> or something? To define the shutdown problem , some pc's will just hang on
> the " Windows is shutting down" screen , while others will display that
same
> screen for about 5 seconds then go to  a Fatal Exception error screen
 blue
> screen of death) . I was hoping that I wasn't going to have to exactly
write
> down the Fatal Exception error numbers, but  I will if I have to. Is there
> site on the web that has a listing of the FEE's so that I can reference
them
> to the one's I'm getting?
>

> Jeff H.

Jeff,

Some things you might still try:

1. Since you are running Novell Client- right-click on the super N
    (that red N in the systray), go to Novell Client 32 Properties,
    Advanced Properties, and change all the entries starting with
    "show" to <b>OFF</b>.

2. Disable power management. ALL OF IT. In the BIOS and WINDOWS.

3. Corrupted Exit windows sounds will cause the system to hang, change the
exit sound to a new     sound or none.

Hope one of these helps.

Mary Wolden

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: