Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:00:13 +0000
John,

Files are stored with 'extensions' - the file name followed by a period and then  (usually)  a 3 character code.  For example,   johnsbirthday.jpg

.

This list from Wikipedia is very comprehensive and shows hundreds of file extensions -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_file_types

.

The most common are  .doc  for Word files,  .xls  for excel spreadsheets,  .jpg  for photos,  .mp3  for music.    Other applications will most likely use different extensions.  iTunes uses .mp4 .

The email type varies depending on your email provider, and email may not even be stored on your computer, but on the email provider's computers or servers.

You would need to identify your email provider/software and check your computer configuration to find out where the files are.  If your email provider stores the emails, they should just show up in your email on the new computer without any effort.

.

Moving files from one computer to another can be done in several ways - copy files over your network if you have one, copy to a backup drive and then from the backup drive to your new laptop, plug a network cable into both laptops, etc.   I'm not familiar with the windows easy transfer system to say how selective it might be, or if it just copies everything it finds.  Using a network or cables may require changing settings on both laptops to permit transfers.  A plug in USB drive may be the easiest way to transfer files.

.

To find files, you need to find 'windows explorer' on your old laptop, the program may be under    'all programs',  'accessories'.

Most files usually reside on the C drive and you can search for different file types using the search feature of windows explorer - search for .jpg   for example to locate photos.

By default, many files get stored in these folders by the programs that create them  - but the extensions will be as described above.   You can check your backup drive for these extensions as well.

[cid:image001.png@01CF3C57.58216A80]

.

Paul Hachmeyer