Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 15:09:42 -0500
I had posted this to the PCBUILD list, but did not get much of a response.
Maybe the participants in PCSOFT will find more interest in responding.

I'm looking for a way to be able to copy the contents of my HDD to CD-RW in
a way that I can use that CD to reinstall everything from scratch, in one
shot. I believe that's what's called 'ghosting'(?). I have a ThinkPad T20
preloaded with Win 2K.

1) Can someone walk me through the steps I would need to take in order to
reformat the HDD and then reinstall my OS, drivers, and other Apps, not
using the Recovery CD that came with the computer, but using the ghosted
image CD instead?

2)If I have changed the original configuration of the HD (using Partition
Magic) and created three partitions (instead of the way the ThinkPad was
originally shipped with the whole HD as just one partition), would that
affect the reinstallation procedure?

3)I've seen Norton's Ghost and Powerquest's Drive Image mentioned. Lately
I've seen Ghost spoken about much more than Drive Image - does that mean
that Ghost is considered better?

3) Can I actually do this procedure when I can only make use of either the
floppy drive or the CD-RW drive one at a time, but not both together? In
other words, I can't boot from a floppy and then continue from a CD. Is this
a problem?

I would appreciate the list members' learned instructions and explanations.

TIA,
David Landau

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>