Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
At Neethling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:07:54 +0200
On Monday 14 Jan 2002 Le Don Phuong wrote

> Subject: fixed sheet view in Excel, need help!
>
> I have a strange problem.
>
> I have asked many people to fill in a predefined form made in
> Excel template.  I have prevented accidental changes to the sheet
> structure by protecting the sheet using my own password.  Most of
> the time the protection works well.  The data was filled in the
> right place, keeping the overall structure of the sheet.  But to
> day I get back a strange thing.  The worsksheet I got back is
> still protected by my password, but it has a fixed screen size
> which I could not change though I have unprotected it.  The
> scrollbars are there, but no minimize, maximize buttons.  Changing
> screen resolution did not help.  All submenu on the Window menu
> was disabled so that the window of this beast is locked.  I have
> tried to check with the Excel help but for nothing.  To close it
> I have to Exit from Excel.  Is it dumb?
>
> Could anyone help to explain that to me, and give me pointing on
> how to restore the minimize - maximize button for the sheet.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Le Dong Phuong
> Hanoi, Vietnam

I have had the same problem at one stage and tried to simulate the
problem again, to no avail, until 5 minutes ago!

The problem occurs when you open a workbook which has protection
for both structure and windows enabled.  As soon as you remove the
protection (Tools . Protection . Unprotect workbook...), the problem
disappears like magic.

At Neethling
Cape Town

except where the sender specifically states them to be those of Sanlam, to
whom no liability shall attach whatsoever.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml