Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:42:56 -0400
On 15 Jun 2002 at 0:04, Ian Porter wrote:

> Well, that WAS an interesting exercise.  I sent the four suspect emails to
> myself, from my XP system, guarded by AVG, to my W98SE system, where the job
> is done by Norton AV 2002.
[snipped]
Ian,

I don't recall you mentioning which email program you use at home
and work. If it's Outlook Express, you need to enable the plugin for
AVG. If it's Eudora, or anything else, I'm not familiar with it (I hate
Eudora and do not use it).
Personally, I use Pegasus, and none of the AV Proggies will catch it
as the mail comes in, including McAfee and Norton. Nor any of the
others I've tried. And that includes AVG. I suspect it has to do with
the way Pegasus saves attachments. As a test myself, I've scanned
the temp folder where Pegasus places the mail attachments and
have had McAfee miss it completely, but AVG found it on a scan.

> But I'd much rather it intercepted the bugs on their way in.

It may be a pain in the rear to scan the folder, but it's better than
most AV clients, in that it's not such a resource hog. I live with it's
limitations, and I hope at some point Pegasus becomes more widely
supported.
> If anyone wants to test their own AVG protection, I'm very happy to forward
> you one or more of these infected mails.

Thank you, but no. As a side note, my hubbie's two hard drives
seemed to go bad. These were perfectly good (used but decent)
hard drives which I'd just installed for him. Out of memory errors,
and unable to read/write to disk. The thought crossed my mind it
(they) was acting like it was infected by a virus, since *both*
shouldn't go bad at the same time, but he is the most diligent about
keeping his McAfee up to date, constantly scanning things, etc. And
of course a full scan caught nothing. We took it into professionals
after I gave up, and it turns ot to be Klez (not sure which one, but I
suspect H). He had McAfee move the file and somehow it must
have opened that way. So I'll pass, thank you very much. *G*

-- Sue Clark
Bristol, ME

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>