Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:34:23 -0800
Colin,

According to Microsoft, you must install Win95 in order to restore any QIC files. Here's the quote
from MS:

8.   Q. If I create a full backup set using Microsoft Backup and then remove Windows 95, how do I
use
Microsoft Backup to restore my files?

A. Microsoft Backup requires Windows 95. You must install at least a minimal configuration of
Windows 95, including Microsoft Backup. You can then use Microsoft Backup to restore all your files.

Here's the link to the info above:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;133153&

Not being satisfied, I searched my old floppies for a QIC file and found one. I then started Winzip
and attempted to open the file on the floppy. Winzip reported that the file was part of a full
system backup and that I would need the last disk used during the backup. Unfortunately I couldn't
find the last disk, but it looks like Winzip *might* be able to restore the files, or at least let
you view them. If you have the last disk from your backup, it might be worth a try to use Winzip. A
follow-up would be nice if you do try it as my curiosity has been ignited...thanks

Al Thompson

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Barclay"
Subject: [PCSOFT] Repost of Microsoft Backup Problem

> I posted the message below over a week ago but have had no replies, hopefully someone out there
can assist me this time.

Backup on my Windows 95 PC. I now need to restore the files on these discs to my PC but have since
purchased a new PC which has a Windows ME operating system. When I try to open the discs I receive a
message advising that there is no programme associated with these type of files. It would appear
that "MS Backup" is not part of my Windows ME System.
> When looking at properties of the files on the floppy discs the files are identified as QIC Files
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can restore these backups to my PC or is there any
software available which would do the job

> Thanks
> Colin

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com