Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:43:25 -0500
Anne,

Key point... you said, "home computer (1999 HP 3265)". Bottom line... your computer is 3-4 years old... nowadays, in a matter of months (one+) and your computer is out of date. One step solution?... get a new one, preferably custom built the way you want it. (More on the subject if you want).

As to your question, first... did you "burn" the data from your office computer to a CD-R disk, or "copy" it to a CD-RW disk? I'm not familiar with your HP 3265 but if the "1999" is the year you bought it, (probably made in '98), that's a clue. The CD-ROM must be a "Multi-Read" CD-ROM (All recent brands/models are) in order for it to read UDF (packet writing) files used with CD-Rewriters.

I haven't used Nero for several years, but depending on what you have on the Nero CD, for a re-writeable disk, you may be able to install the UDF Reader (also available from the Nero download site http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#root ), or if that option isn't there, install the complete Nero on your home computer and that may allow it to read a CD-RW disk .

Another option is to replace the CD-ROM drive in your home computer. I suggest a DVD-ROM drive (much faster reading, ripping, etc., compared to a CD-ROM drive, plus the DVD capability and compatibility with all CD-R/CD-RW formats). You can pick them up on sale for as little as $39.95 after rebates from places like BestBuy, CompUSA, CircuitCity, etc.

Have a good one,
Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: Anne Teryazos
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 3:31 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] CD Problem

I have put a CD-RW drive into my office comuter and burned a CD with all my data from the computer. I used Nero 5.5 software. When I put the burned CD into the reglar CD-ROM drive of my office computer it is able to read it.

When I insert this disc into the CD-ROM drive of my home computer (1999 HP 3265) it does not reckognize the CD and says "E is not accessible. This device is not ready".  I can,however, insert other CDs into the CD-ROM drive of this home computer and it they all work.

Any tips on how to get my CD-ROM drive in the

                       http://freepctech.com/rode

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml