Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 03:09:03 +1000
In the last few days, I've \struck the same problem 3 times , each on
different friends' computers

Installation of a new program (a different one on each computer) has failed
to commence. Each computer has automatic XP updates, and each is less than
2 years old. Each program has normally installed on other computers with no
problems (One is Google Earth). They are quite recent programs which I run
OK on XP. There are no error messages---just a flash of something ( a dos
screen?) then just no action. The computer is otherwise normal, no freezes
or blank screens.

Has there been a recent XP update which might conceivably block normal
software installation? (I guess that's one way of keeping your computer
clean!).

In neither case could I get into Safe Mode---after trying the usual F8 or
Delete.

I'm wondering whether I could install the new software by running the
BartCE disk.  Has anyone tried this?

Don Penlington
 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                       http://freepctech.com/rode