Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:50:15 -0700
Best Buy has this: Compaq Presario SR1810NX Computer, Compaq FS7600
17-in. CRT Monitor, HP Deskjet 5440 Printer. AMD Sempron 3200+
processor, 512MB DDR SDRAM, 100GB hard drive, DVD-ROM & CD-RW combo
Drive for $389.97 (no rebates involved). Of course there are lots of
other deals out there. This is just an example of the relatively cheap
prices for new systems.

If you were happy with what you have before it started giving you
problems, you can do a lot with it for under $400. However, you have
provided no information on your existing system to be able to make any
judgments. One of the things I do when considering a new machine is to
estimate how much it would cost to upgrade the old machine to be
somewhat equivalent to a new machine. In your case, you would at least
have the cost of upgrading from 98 to XP which is about $90. With Vista
somewhere on the horizon, you might want to tough it out with 98 for a
while longer. Right now I am upgrading a machine to be able to run
Vista, but in the meantime I will continue to use 98 as the OS.

I would just try to get it working acceptably. Maybe we can help if you
give us some details.

Tom Mayer