Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Michael A. Wosnick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 16:37:29 -0400
Thanks to those who replied. I am almost positive that this was not a Win98
problem (at least not for me), but an IE5.5. problem. When I upgraded to
IE5.5. a few other strange things happened to my system, and this was just
one of them.

I have since unloaded IE5.5, reverted to IE5.01 and, voila, all problems
disappeared!

I suggest that people avoid IE5.5 unless there is some compelling reason to
upgrade. I will not do that again soon :)

Cheers,

Michael

 -----Original Message-----
From:   PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]  On Behalf Of Mark Rode
Sent:   August 27, 2000 3:05 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: [PCSOFT] Folder views won't stick in Win98

This is a common problem with Windows 98 any version and I don't really
have an answer for you. It happens on some PCs and when it does it is one
of those Windows problems that make you want join the Microsoft lawsuits. I
am surprised MS hasn't fixed this or the auto login bug in Win98 by now
which probably means that they can't figure our why it happens. Sometimes
the settings will eventually set and sometimes they won't. Some people get
struck in a one pain view. I believe this has something to do with active
desktop. You can try turning off active desktop using TweakUI ...go to the
IE tab and you will see a check box to disable active desktop. Also make
sure you are in folders view.....while in Explorer go to View.....Explorer
Bar...and make sure there is a check on folders. Although the next time you
launch My Computer it might decide to uncheck the folders view or go back
to large icons or show the address bar.

As an alternative you can use a front end to Explorer. I highly recommend
Powerdesk which can be download in both a freeware and a shareware version.
http://nospin.com/rode/rode118.html PowerDesk has none of explorers
problems ...or limitations.

Mark Rode
The NoSpin Group