Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:05:45 -0400
Ummmm...

I would like to point out that there is no category
called freeware/shareware.
These are two distinctly different types of software.

It does a great dis-service to shareware developers when
you lump together freeware and shareware under the same name.

Freeware as the name implies is free and general is limited to
small utility type programs that do one particular job.

Shareware is COMMERCIAL software which must be purchased if
you continue using it after the free TRIAL period.

You would never think of taking a new car for a test drive and then not
return it, yet everyday people download and install shareware and never pay
for it.  I believe that many of those folks do not realize that they must
pay for the software due to the overuse of that "freeware/shareware"
statement -- it has blurred and/or distorted the concept of shareware.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**