Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:48:56 EST
Don, if it's a trojan,  how would anyone else know it was if they ran
Office?  Cause my daughter and her son both have this ctfmon.exe on their
computers.  I will do one of those scans you mentioned.. but what I think I  might do
is format again and not put Explorer 7 on here ---  but I believe  in time, I
will have to run it whether I want to or not.  Harriet
--------------------------------

Don writes::

<<If you don't have MsOffice, that file should not be present.   It is an MS
Office file.

But it also a known trojan masquerading  under the same name:

"Note: ctfmon.exe could also be a process which is  registered as a trojan.
This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer  from remote locations,
stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal  data. This process is a
security risk and should be removed from your  system"" (Uniblue Process
Library)

More info  here:

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/ctfmon.exe.html

This  problem can appear out of the blue with IE7---apparently Ms have
assumed  that everyone has Office. This is what's happened in your case.
It's one of  the problems that can occur with updates of any sort. IE7 is
tightly  integrated with the operating system and IE updates have always
been  notorious for doing a lot more than just being browser  updates.

Instructions for disabling this file are here (scroll down  through the
comments):
http://ask-leo.com/ctfmonexe.html

Apparently it is tied  in to the language bar in IE7 and is enabled by
default.  It is stated  to be a heavy memory hog, so it's best to eliminate
it before it stuffs your  system. It is a text monitor and not needed.

My guess is that, if it is  indeed the genuine article, it reactivates every
time you run your browser  but does not unload when you close your browser.>>

Don  Penlington

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!