Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:39:06 -0800
On 25 Aug 98 at 11:45, Brown, Douglas wrote:

> #2 How do I change and enlarge  fonts on the Desktop
>
> If you want to use "Large Fonts", then you need to right-click on
> a blank spot on your desktop (click on the desktop with the right
> mouse button) and select properties.  Then select the Settings tab.
> Somewhere near the bottom of the window you will see Font Size.
> Select Large Fonts.
>
> Otherwise I can't remember how to change the style of the fonts
> (he says sheepishly)

  If, instead of "Settings", you go to the "Appearance" tab, you can
set not only the colour but also the font and size of various text on
the screen -- window titles, icon labels, and so on.

  The choice under "Settings" harks back to earlier versions of
Windows, when there was a single bit-mapped "system" font used for
these.  Windows was designed for standard VGA resolution of 640x480
pixels, and so at higher resolutions (800x600, 1024x768) the system
font got smaller on the screen.  "Large fonts" was provided as a
display option at these resolutions, to select a larger system font.
  [There was a really nasty bug in Win 3.x around this.  Dialog boxes
were always sized based on the (small) system font, and if a user
selected "Large Fonts" some text could be strangely truncated.  I
think this may be fixed in Win95.]

David G