Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:55:27 -0600
Hi Lynn'

I'm not familiar with Computer Associates software so I can't answer your
question, but I can suggest an alternative. Since you don't require a
constant connection to the Internet with the laptop, you could try any of
the several free anti-virus and firewall programs and only use them on an
"as needed" basis. For the firewall I recommend ZoneAlarm. It is top rated,
if not the best, and will remember those permissions when you tell it to. If
you individually installed those programs and you're satisfied with the
anti-virus you could concentrate only on the firewall.

Another option would be to use a router and connect the laptop wirelessly as
needed. This would provide the additional protection of a hardware firewall
and solve the problem of physically moving the laptop every day. I use a
Belkin router and my ZoneAlarm has logged "0" intrusion attempts while only
allowing Internet access to those programs I have approved. If you watch the
sales you can find the necessary equipment priced very reasonable. Good
luck.

ZoneAlarm (Free)
http://tinyurl.com/kzq

AVG7 Free Anti-Virus: