Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Larry Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 06:32:41 -0500
I am having continuing problems with page fault errors in multiple
application.

Since the problem does not seem restricted to any set program or
application, what WIN95 application or module would be most likely to be
at fault and how can I go about replacing it (them) without resorting to
the (shudder) complete reloading of WIN95?

Do you need more information from me such as the type of machine, chip,
speed, etc?

My WIN9  version is 4.00.950B.

Hope you can help out.

Larry Stewart
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Following is more specific information on the messages I'm getting and
some of the applications I'm experiencing the errors in.

The WIN95 warning box with the x'ed out circle is being received in any
number of applications. I have got the warning while using HPBackup,
Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia (CIE) 98, Corel WordPerfect, Print
House Magic and others.  The offending message states:

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
If the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

When I click on the detail button, it provides messages similar to the
following:

8"Invalid page fault in module Hpbackup.exe at 014f:00430040"

In the case of the Colorado backup (Hpbackup.exe), on three other
occassions, the address of the page fault was 014f:0048778d and again at
014f:00430040.  On the third occurrence, it happened while the software
was doing a compare operation on the second folder (Windows) that was
backed up - it successfully completed the compare earlier on the
"Program Files" folder.

When I tried the compare operation only, it resulted in another page
fault but in an "unknown module" with an address 0000:7d88a5.  In this
case and the third one above, I had booted the machine with nothing in
the start menu.

In CNME, the error was in module CPL24B.DLL and address 014f:10063fb2
and a later one in CNME's module kernel32.DLL and an address of
014f:bffb8c48

Another CNME (Compton's) error encountered trying to look up the word
"sociopath" (not found by the way) and ended in a page fault in module
CPL24B.dll at 014f:10063fb2. Tried to close and got the same message
then tried again to close only this time go a "CNME caused an exception
C0000026h in module Kernel32.dll at 014f:bff8c48. (Feb 2).

In Autoplay, the module was OWL50f.DLL at 014f:00575bcb

In Netscape Navigator V3, the invalid module was Netscape.exe and
address 014f:0051afef and when I tried to close it, it gave a page fault
at 014f:5f8012b6

In WPWin7, on trying to close the application, it resulted in a page
fault "in unknown module" and an address of 014f:00000015 (happened when
I closed a saved file then exit WP immediately. A second occassion
resulted in a page fault for kernel32.dll at 014f:bff9ad0

                         Need help with PCSOFT:
                [log in to unmask]  or  http://nospin.com