Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 01:02:48 -0400
I've been waiting for a message with this problem to start a thread.
This is kind of a "me too" or "I feel your pain" post...

I've had the same problem with Windows-XP-PRO for a week or two.
First it tells me a new update software is available, and then it tries to
D/L it, and that fails and declares itself incomplete.
(Actually in hindsight, this has happened before but always immediately
corrected itself like is actually WAS getting new stuff, so I never worried.)
The error message code is meaningless, the instructions on the same
screen  do NOT help, and the two knowledge base articles, (one
referenced on the failure page and another dealing with this exact problem)
are totally useless in fixing this.

I only have one additional problem on this computer (that I am aware of)...

When I type SFC /SCANNOW in the Run box, it tells me my (two)
FACTORY MS CD(s), the OEM, bought with (2) motherboard type is
the incorrect CD. (I bought two CDs with two keys.)
The CD drive works in all other ways, and Explorer sees the files on THAT CD.
I get the same EXACT message with or with-out the CD. (That seems odd in itself.)
(Ummm,  Question: Is the RUN box the right place?)

Could this be a RAM problem? I had trouble finding compatible RAM for
a "nearly" matching system of my wife's with a different sized RAM module.
She has 512M, mine is 128+256.

I do not want a system that "cannot be fixed" and am considering a re-install too...

This is only two months old and I am not "too attached" to this install yet...
I am obviously disappointed at the fragile nature of XP... (YMMV)

                      Rick Glazier