Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:37:00 -0500
At 01:00 PM 16/03/00 -0500, you wrote:
>A "knowledgable" friend has suggested that I install "InoculateIT"
>anti-virus software from Computer Associates International.  After
>visiting the CAI website and reading the info provided, the adage about
>being "too good to be true" sprang to mind.  I am requesting any and all
>opinions, ideas, and experiences (good and/or less than good).
Bob: IMHO [I'm not really humble! :-}] your friend is knowledgeable! While
I fortunately have had no virus attacks, I had repeated problems with
several versions of McAfee anti-virus products and never failing difficulty
in getting through to download updates. I finally gave up and uninstalled
the lot.

A couple of month's ago, following encounters with positive recommendations
about InoculateIT almost everywhere I went, I took the plunge and installed
it. It installed easily, runs continuously in the background, resides in my
Task Bar, is easy to bring up and run to examine a new file or drive and
has never interfered with the installation of a new program. Contrary to
advice I have seen elsewhere, you are advised to leave it running when
doing a new program installation. As well, I can update the signature files
either on e-mail alert from CAI or if I just want to check and make sure
that I have the most current program version and signature files. In
practice, doing the latter is a matter of a couple of minutes work [in
reality just watching InoculateIT do its thing and responding to a couple
of questions such as, "File update had been downloaded, do you wish to
install now?" It is that simple.

My only complaint about InoculateIT arose a day or so ago. I got an e-mail
from them telling me that the new anti virus update file was available for
downloading at their web site. Hopped right over to get it only to find
that I had gone there too fast! It did not get there till later in the

Now if I can just contact a virus so I can see if the program really works!

Cheers,

Peter Darrach

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org