Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:26:18 +0300
From: "AMD950" <[log in to unmask]>

> Recently added and been playing with a wi-fi enabled laptop on my
> LAN.  Screwed up my settings somehow.
>
> 3 W98se, 1 Win2k & one linux box on LAN.  Linux box was offline when
> problems started.
>
> All windows PCs (running zonealarm) can access the I'net via router
> connected to cable modem.
>
> Net' neighborhood on the Win2k PC lists and can access a shortcut to a
> share on one '98 PC#1; no other PCs are listed except itself .
>
> '98 PC#1 can sometimes see and access the Win2k pc, which is the only one
> in it's network neighborhood.  Other times, like right now, unable to
> browse network.  Upon every shutdown/reboot of this machine I'm informed
> that there's a user connected.  Netstat show's no connections

Netstat shows only TCP/IP connections. As you said later you use Netbui on
Win98 netwworking.

> The other two W98 PCs (which includes wireless laptop) also are unable to
> browse network.
>

> I am at a lost.  My network properties seems as they were originally when
> everything was fine.  The W98 PCs only use Netbui bindings (TCP/IP bindings
> unchecked). Exceptions on the win2k pc are for linux file sharing.  Any
> suggestions?

Can you see other computers with   net  view \\COMPUERNAME  or can you
find them with search. If yes then problens are propably with browse master.
List of computers in LAN are kept in one , in your network it should be win2k.
sometimes this not works. Recommend switch off browse master in Win98.
Control Panel -> networking -> File and Printer sharing -> Properties ->
Browse Masterand set value to disabled.
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q134304
it is for windows 95 but its same for Win98.

Also check Sambaconfiguration on Linux.  In smb.conf file in  [global] section
local master = no

Toomas

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml