Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:45:54 -0800
  "SpamCop" doesn't blacklist domains.  It provides a convenient mechanism
for offended recipients to report spam sources to their ISPs and to sites
that *do* blacklist offenders, but it does that by analyzing actual message
headers and so would not finger your work if it was just a case of forged
From: addresses.

  What *will* get you fingered by SpamCop and blacklisted is if your email
server is running as an "open relay", where spammers are sending their junk
to your server and *it* is redistributing it to the rest of the Internet.
The SpamCop site links to references which explain how to fix this for a
variety of popular mailserver packages; there are some older/cheaper
packages for which this was not possible and so an upgrade may be necessary.
  Generally, the folks running the blacklists have developed tests which
will determine whether a server is an open relay, and will gladly remove an
entry as soon as the test shows that the problem has been corrected.

  Running an open relay that is being exploited is a much more active
contribution to the spam problem than owning a domain name that is being
spoofed.

David Gillett

On 24 Nov 2005 at 9:09, Cindy J Sanderson wrote:

> Laurence,
>
> I don't have an answer for you but I too, would like to know.  We are
> having the same problem at work and it got to the point where our ISP
> (thru SpamCop) blacklisted us and we can no longer send any messages,
> just receive.  We have our computer guru working on it but so far no
> solutions.  This just started all of a sudden on Tues. Nov. 22nd.  We are
> using Outlook Express 2000 on Windows 2000 machines.
>
> Cindy Sanderson
>

> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:01:44 +0100 laurence grignolo
> <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> > PCSOFT Digest - 20 Nov 2005 to 21 Nov 2005 (#2005-23)my domain name
> > must have been "hijacked" by spammers and i am getting over 300
> > mailer daemon, "undelivered mail" etc. e-mails a day for mail sent
> > from my domain name but with an incredible variety of names before
> > the @ .
> > is there anything i can do to stop this? anything the provider
> > hosting the domain name could/should do?
> >
> > thanks for any advice,
> > laurence grignolo

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!