Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 09:42:04 -0700
There is a shareware program called Regsearch that lets you do a search
and replace operation on the registry. Thus, you can search for
'Program~1' and replace it with 'Program Files' for example. It will not
automatically fix all your entries, but at least it will do multiple
replacements for the same pattern once you find it.

Peter
Peter Shkabara P.E. - Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - 11600 Columbia College Drive - Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 588-5156 - [log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of noggin
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 6:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] short names in registry

    My name is Frank Warhurst,  I sought help from a MS support site
because clicking on links at an internet site failed to call up  what
was linked - In each case if I copied the link and pasted it in the GO
window, it worked.
    I followed directions, which cleared up this problem I was having
with links not working on the internet.  It involved going to Folder
Options, File Types and editing some lines which employed short file
names, - i.e. 'PROGRA~1\INTERN~1....', instead of 'PROGRAM
FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER.......' for a single File Type.
    However, there were other failures of a similar sort so I used
REGEDIT to search for any entries having '....~1...', which would
indicate places which should have the long forms of the file names in
the addresses.  THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF THEM!  I began correcting them
one by one but it is an impossibly tedious task.
    Is there any less cumbersome way one could cause these all to be
properly altered?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: