Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brad Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:36:04 -0800
Dave C. wrote:
>I believe in order to make this type of association one
>must have Internet Explorer 3.0x or greater installed on
>one's system.  I believe IE, through the magic of
>Microsoft, is the only browser possible to make this
>association with web sites.  However, once IE is installed,
>you should be able to change your default browser back to
>Netscape, and then when you type something like
>http://www.yahoo.com into the run dialog box, Netscape will
>be launched opening the page.

I was surprised to find that there was no Internet Explorer
on my win95 upgrade CD.

I found a copy of IE 3.02 on another disk and installed it.
I could then get a web page to show up if I entered its URL
in the Start--Run  command line. I noticed that under "File
Types", that after I added IE, there were several new
entries starting with "URL:", like --URL:Gopher
Protocol---URL:File Transfer Protocol---URL:Hypertext
Transfer Protocol--   They were associated with IE, but when
I made Netscape the default browser, they then were
associated with Netscape.

I then restored my system to the way it was before I
installed IE.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Brad Britton

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html