Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:30:54 -0500
Hi Becky,

How you rank it on your priority list will depend on how you define 'so
much'. I would certainly put it ahead of washing the cat or cleaning out
your husband's sock drawer. Seriously, Windows XP is great and once you have
it, you won't look back and I recommend you get it as soon as possible.

Cost varies (where I've checked) from $67.00 up depending on where you're
looking. For an OEM version, a piece of hardware (IDE cable, screw set,
etc.) must be purchased with it but you will save compared to the retail
version. My experience with shopping eBay for operating systems is that the
prices are high and I would be leery of some of the offerings. Below are
links to three examples. A search at http://www.google.com should give you a
ton of results to check.

XP Home Edition with Service Pack SP1a - OEM - Newegg.com
$90.00 w/free shipping http://snipurl.com/4ey1

Windows XP Pro Upgrade Version - Academic - Newegg.com
$85.49 including shipping http://snipurl.com/8zux

Windows XP Home Full Version OEM - Comp-U-Plus Direct
$67.00 + shipping http://snipurl.com/8zyn

And how??!! Start by backing up all your personal data, just in case. Then,
once you have decided if you want to install an upgrade to what you have now
(and be able to revert back to it) or to start with a clean install, you
insert the installation CD in the drive and follow the onscreen prompts.
You'll be required to provide information at times but other than that, grab
another cup of coffee or a soda, lean back and watch the show.

Here are other links that may be of interest:

Windows XP Pro Upgrade Advisor
http://snipurl.com/902q

Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade Center
http://snipurl.com/902r

Windows XP Home Page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/

Windows XP - Software Compatibility Site
http://xpsc.cjb.net/

Microsoft Knowledge Base - Windows XP Compatibility
http://snipurl.com/9027

I hope this has been helpful... I know you'll enjoy Windows XP... Good
luck!!

Sven Swanson, Sr.