Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:51:04 -0800
On 12 Dec 2002, at 17:55, Kiran Kumar wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>
> I am working on Dot Net Frame work.  I have some problems in getting the
> required functanality.
>
> I am able to fetch the available records from database and display in the
> web page using DataGrid.  I am getting this data thru DataSet.  Now my
> problem is I have to update the values displayed so I am giving a option
> to user to Edit then and there using EditCommand.  Table structure is
> like this, in my table there are two primary keys that is composite keys
> and user can update one of the primary key that is sequenceno.  My
> problem is if there is one primary key then i am able to update record
> easily where as in my table there is composite key. Pl help me how to
> update a record when there is composite key using DataGrid or what else.
> Hope you will help me out.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> K.Kiran Kumar
> --

  I no longer write much code, and I've hardly looked at .Net, so my advice
is not worth much more than what you've paid for it.

  But I have to suspect that there's something fundamentally odd about
having two keys both "primary", and that might be part of the problem.  And
your description above seems to suggest that the sole primary key should not
be a composite key....

  So my suggestion would be to have a single hidden primary key -- something
like an uneditable sequence number -- but do all of your user interface by
way of a couple of composite keys which, however, are not primary.

  Does that help any?

David Gillett

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>