Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Alan Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 11:30:38 -0800
Let me add that the answer depends on how much space is left on the HDD
along with the amount of RAM.
        The original question was about the swap file size on a HDD that was
getting full. If you've left the default settings (ie- letting Win'95
dictate the swap file size) you could run into problems if your HDD gets
too full *AND* you have a modest amount of RAM (16 to 32Mb). If you have
plenty of RAM (like below) then it won't really matter unless you were
working with huge files (graphics, etc.). Bear in mind that the swap file
is only extra breathing room for the RAM.               ---Alan Miles

At 06:20 PM 2/21/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Rick Mann wrote:
>
>> Question:
>>
>> I've got 64 Megs of RAM on my system and it rarely hits the Hard Drive,
>> other than when initially loading programs to RAM, or clearing the
>> c:\windows\temp directory after an installation.
>>
>> Why would I possibly need a 128 MB Swap File?
>>
>> Rick Mann
>>
>> >        A recent article in PC World (3/98) on Win'95 specifies a swap
file
>> size
>> >of approx 3 times the amount of RAM on the system. An example of 32Mb was
>> >given in the article and suggested that a 100MB swap file would do it.
>
>I had 64MB on my system at home and I never heard the drive being accessed
>except at boot up. Left the swap file alone since don't think I'll get any
>better performance by specifying the size. Now I got 128MB and I don't think
>that Win95 even bothers with the swap file anymore.
>
>Jose

mailto:[log in to unmask]