Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:48:36 -0600
The main problem is that you are using an "el" ("L") as the last switch
when you really want an "aye" ("I").  The "L" switch just lists all the
files that would be copied as a result of the command but does not
actually copy anything.  The "I" switch is documented to mean "If
destination does not exist and copying more than one file, assumes that
destination must be a directory."  You can see the definitions for all
the switches you can use on the XCOPY command by opening a DOS window
and typing in "xcopy /?" at the prompt.  This switch is needed because
you have given an ambiguous name as the destination so XCOPY cannot know
if you mean to copy all the files to a FOLDER named "a:\Favorites" or to
copy all the files to a single FILE named "a:\Favorites" (note that
there is no extension).  This is why it is asking if you want to copy to
a file or a folder on the target.

You can also resolve this ambiguity by changing the destination to
"a:\Favorites\" (note the addition of the backslash) so that XCOPY will
know you mean a folder.  Then you will no longer need the I switch

----- Original Message -----
From: Clarence W. Lee <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2000 10:02 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Batch File to Save Favorites

Based on a recommendation of a friend I made a batch file to save my
Favorites folder using notepad as follows:

@echo off
xcopy c:\windows\favorites\ /s a:\Favorites /l

I entitled it SavFav.bat and saved it in a folder in the C drive. Then I
created a shortcut to it on the desktop. When I dc the short cut on the
desktop I get a program called X Copy 32. It ask the following question:
"Does Favorites specify a file or directory name on the target? I
selected file the first time and directory the second time. The program
runs but nothing is saved to the floppy.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html