Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:46:54 -0400
The list discussed this on July 14 under the subject line "Multiple
Partition Reinstall OS" if you would like to look at that thread too, on the
freepctech.com archives.

Peter is correct in mentioning backups and performance.  For my part, I like
to keep a lot of programs away from the system (windows) folder so I can
defrag if I want without hassles about 'non-movable files and folders'.
Plus, if your the type that experiments a lot, installing programs and games
you just want to try, you can defrag after uninstalling them a little
easier.  Games especially fall into this category since they put little if
any files into the windows folders, and usually its some directx update that
you want to keep.
Tom Turak

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Ecclestone [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 6:49 PM

I currently have my drive (20 gb) divided into 5
partitions. Drive C is exclusively for Windows, another is exclusively
for programs. My question - is there any real advantage to separating
Windows and programs into 2 partitions? If you need to re- install
Windows it seems you need to re-install most programs anyway.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml