Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:34:50 -0700
I understand what you mean about foreign planets, It seems MS has outsourced
a lot of jobs to India and China.
I hate when I have to deal with them reading a dog gone script.
I have made adjustments on Sys Restore in safe mode with networking before.
But I had an issue with a virus/worm/Trojan that locked my
restore/update/and AV/firewall updates.
I got good suggestions from my internet security chat site, since the AV
would not find any problems.
I downloaded Malwarebytes, (note, change filename when downloading AV, many
viruses will block known AV software installations or updates)
This is a good scan to try:
      http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

John Green
PO Box 1301
Los Alamitos, CA 90720-1301

Lew wrote:
>I am having trouble setting restore points in System Restore.....I have no
>idea what they are talking about. >>

I sometimes think that whoever writes MS error messages lives on a faraway
planet not inhabited by Humans.

What this message is saying, I think, is that there's too much going on in
the background. This is a common fault on many computers unless you are
pretty ruthless with your computer management. Open Task Manager
(Ctrl/Alt/Del) and see how many applications are running. Chances are, you
don't need most of them, and you may need to take control of your startups
by eliminating all non-essential apps from auto startup.

Or maybe there was a scan of some sort going on in the background---some
a-v software can rather over-intrusive in this regard.

Another possibility is hidden malware activity. Run a full system scan with
both Malwarebytes and your antivirus software to make sure your system is
clean. If you don't already have it, I strongly recommend installing the
free version of Avira antivirus---just keep it as a passive scanner if you
want, as it covers a much greater range of malware than most dedicated
antivirus software.

http://www.avira.com/en/download/index.php

I've no idea whether System Restore will work in Safe Mode, but try it and
see. I see no reason why it shouldn't, unless it requires some services to
be running that are not essential to the system. It's one of those things
that I've been meaning to check out, but never got around to it.

Don Penlington

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml