Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:39:55 -0500
You evidently installed a purchased box version.

I used the online renewals ($19.95 plus tax) for both my computer and my
wife's computer.  My old subscription expired on August 31, 2004 and my
renewal expires on Sept. 1, 2005.

I suspect that you need to wait until your subscription expires before
installing a new box version.  And, probably, you need to uninstall the old
version to avoid the technical problems that you experienced.  (This is just
speculation, of course.)  My 2004 Live Update worked ok.

I was a bit leery of renewing online, since Symantec had some issues with
online renewals.  But, they seem to have them resolved, as mine went
smoothly.  I suppose that all they had to do was change the date and a few
flags in the data.

I suppose that the lesson here is to renew online.  If you upgrade to a
higher level, then maybe the wait/uninstall method is necessary.

I agree that the nag screens are extremely annoying!!!!  Symantec is an
expert at producing annoying software.  That is why I do not use the System
Works stuff.  It was always getting in the way...

Dean Kukral