Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 02:08:48 -0700
From: Gregory Zahm <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [PCSOFT] Attachment of photo fails to display on AOL when "Download
Now" is selected.

> Well, I've always enjoyed reading PCSOFT but now I could use some help.
> I'm using AOL 4.0 and have encountered problems when trying to view a
photo
> that's included as an attachment; no problem downloading other types of
> attachments.  Once again a friend sent a photo which will not display when
> "Download Now"  or "Download Later" is selected.  The warning screen,
showing
> the "Yes" or "No" selection keys, flashes momentarily but fails to allow
> access.  When I selected "My Files/Download Manager" nothing is shown, not
> even a file or folder.  I'm not sure if I've lost the 'ability' to
download
> photos to a temporary folder for viewing or if I've set my security
settings
> to high.  I do have ACDSee for viewing photos but could not transfer the
> attachment.
> Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
>
> Greg Zahm
Greg,

Here's a thought that may help:
-Is the sender remembering to copy the picture to a temp folder/location
first? Here's the scenerio---if your friend is viewing a picture in an
e-mail and wants to send it your way,  then it must either be saved
somewhere first, or he/she must forward the entire e-mail to you - editing
text as necessary before sending. Otherwise, the picture will not be sent or
attached. To test this theory, try 'replying' to an email, and see if you
are able to 'copy and paste' or even 'insert' a picture that resides in
another email message. Chances are it won't work. I'd bet this is what your
friend is doing. If not, I have other theories. Good luck

Alan Thompson

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html