Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:35:07 -0600
From: Brian L. Sanburn <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2000 11:56 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Problems with RegClean

>         A friend of mine is running Win95 on a 333Mhz computer that
also has MSIE5.
> He has been experiencing problems when trying to run Microsoft's
RegClean.

>         Specifically, RegClean gets about 2/3rd's the way through the
"Scanning
> Library Identifiers" sequence and then stops...for a long time.  Also,
the
> "Cancel" option is grayed out so he can't interrupt the process.

I think by "stops ... for a long time" you really mean that it never
finishes - that he gives up waiting for it to finish and stops it by
some means?  My old work PC running Win95 and MSIE5 had this same
problem.  It would just appear to hang up about 3/4 of the way through
and never finish no matter how long I waited.  The rest of the system
continued to work and I could stop Regclean using Ctrl-Alt-Del.  This
problem appears to be related to lots of other symptoms as well - my PC
would always lock up during boot up three times before I could get it
started.  We never figured out what the problem was - the eventual
solution was to reformat the disk and install Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
instead.  I'm afraid that this problem is not going to be easy to solve
and it may be most cost-effective in terms of time spent to just
reformat and reinstall everything to rebuild the registry rather than
spend time looking for a different solution.

                         http://nospin.com/rode