Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kevin Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 22:36:24 -0700
OK
Go to start -> run. The run dialog box should open. Use Browse to find where
ever you put the sevinst.exe program and just double click on it. That
should put it in the run box. Alternately you can just type the path in the
run box. Then add /nt  to the end of the path and click on OK.
That should do it.

KevPro Computer Services
"If your computer doesn't work I do."
Kevin Brown
602-859-0085
http://kevpro.com

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Mike Williams
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 6:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Problem with SymEvent program in NSW

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 running WinXP (OEM).  I use Norton SystemWorks
2002 and have an issue with it.  A couple days ago I started getting a blue
screen on startup.  The internal MS problem analyzer said I had a problem
with SYMEVENT, an event manager program in Norton SystemWorks. (It does not
say which component of NSW is affected)  I went to Symantec site knowledge
base and was ultimately given instructions on editing the registry (first
time for me) and deleting the offending files, with instruction to then go
to a web site to get a good copy of the executable program (sevinst.exe) to
reinstall.  I did all this successfully except the sevinst.exe won't
install.  Symantec has this situation in their knowledge base also (this
problem was expected, apparently) and has a fix, but I don't know how to
execute the fix.  The error is that when trying to install sevinst.exe I get
a text box "symevent does not exist on this computer, no action taken".
Well, DUH!  It also says "This document is designed for use by network
administrators who are installing Symevent over a network".

The fix is:   "To fix this, install Sevinst.exe from a command line using
the /NT switch to force the installation: sevinst /nt"

I don't know how to do this and would appreciate instructions.  (I am not a
network so if perchance I don't need this sevinst.exe program, I'm happy to
do without it.)

Thanks for your help.

Mike Williams

                     support at our newest website: